Manchester City’s Latest Recruits and World’s Most Expensive Defenders
Manchester City officially recruited Benjamin Mendy from AS Monaco on Monday (7/24/2017).
French left back was redeemed with a value of 57.5 million euros (about Rp 891.4 million). That price led Mendy to become the most expensive defender in the history of world transfer.
Mendy recruitment at once confirms the habits of Manchester City to recruit defenders at great expense. They also have John Stones and Kyle Walker.
The last two names are also included in the list of the world’s three most expensive defenders.
The Stones were bought by Manchester City for 55.6 million euros in 2016, while Walker was rewarded 51 million euros when joining two weeks ago.
Accompany Mendy, Stones, and Walker in the top ten list, there is also Leonardo Bonucci. AC Milan disburse funds of 42 million euros when recruiting him from Juventus in the summer transfer market in 2017.
With the nominal, Bonucci also bears the title of most expensive defender in the history of Serie A, the first caste of the Italian League.
Mendy represents the UK and Bonucci becomes an Italian representation. However, there are no players behind the purchase of top ten Spanish clubs.
In fact, Affairs Matador has two teams with extraordinary financial strength, Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Here is a list of ten world’s most expensive defenders:
1. Benjamin Mendy, Manchester City (2017), 57.5 million euros
2. John Stones, Manchester City (2016), 55.6 million euros
3. Kyle Walker, Manchester City (2017), 51 million euros
4. David Luiz, Paris Saint-Germain (2014), 49.5 million euros
5. Rio Ferdinand, Manchester United (2002), 46 million euros
6. Nicolas Otamendi, Manchester City (2015), 44.6 million euros
7. Thiago Silva, Paris Saint-Germain (2012), 42 million euros
8. Leonardo Bonucci, AC Milan (2017), 42 million euros
9. Lilian Thuram, Juventus (2001), 41.5 million euros
10. Shkodran Mustafi, Arsenal (2016), 41 million euros