Workout Wednesday

June 27, 2012

in Fitness, Food, Running, Workouts

Happy Wednesday everybody!  I hope you’ve had a fabulous week so far!  If you haven’t exercised yet this week, it’s not too late to start.  Every day is a new day to start fresh!  I hope today is YOUR day!  I’m cheering for you!!

{image source}

One thing I’ve found that helps me so much is how I actually start my day.  If I have a good, healthy breakfast then it’s easier to stay on the healthy train for the remainder of the day.

How about this breakfast?  Kashi Cereal with fresh fruit?  Yes, please!

If you follow me on Instagram (samantha_themoreirun), Facebook or Twitter, you’ve probably seen me reference this new GNC Product called Pro-Sculpt.  It’s a fruity flavored powder that I mix with ice water and drink about mid morning or sometimes mid-afternoon before running or a workout.  Pro-Sculpt is a thermogenic that increases calorie burn by 300% while maintaining lean muscle mass.  It also has 200 mg of caffeine per serving for that serious extra energy boost!

This week I drank a glassful before my late evening run and I went from feeling that mid-afternnon sluggishness to having a great run!  I felt so strong for this entire three mile run!

Here’s also a mid-week workout to get you moving.  This is a full body workout that will definitely get your heart rate up and get your muscles burning!  Use weights that you’re comfortable with and try to do 10 reps of each exercise.  Modify if you need to with fewer reps or modifying each exercise as necessary.  Do this full circuit twice and you’ve done a full 500 reps of the full circuit!

Don’t be afraid to start today!  Taking the first step is always the hardest, but I know you can do it!

How’s your week?  I’d love to know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Meredith @ Dare You To June 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm

What a refreshing start to the post! Every day is a new day, every day can be YOUR day! Love it.

Definitely agree that a healthy start (nutritious breakfast, wake-up workout) sets the tone for a ‘good’ day :) Sounds like you’ve got both of those covered!

2 Samantha June 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Meredith! :-)

3 Jody - Fit at 54 June 27, 2012 at 8:49 pm

LOVE THE ATTITUDE!!!! That last pic says it all! :-)

4 Samantha June 30, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Thank you Jody! :)

5 Carolina June 29, 2012 at 8:38 am

Great week! Ran 3 miles after a 12 hour shift. Didn’t think I could do it, but the evening was so nice and cool, I couldn’t pass up being outside. Ran 5 on Wed, and another 3 today. It was steamy!!
I’m going to have to try the Pro-Sculpt..thanks for the tip.
BTW, I linked back to your post on homemade oatmeal bars on a post that I wrote. Here is the link. They freeze well!

6 Samantha June 30, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hey Carolina! It sounds like you had an awesome week! Thanks so much for the link back! I love that you can take the oatmeal bars recipe and make it your own, too! And thanks for sharing that they freeze well. I haven’t tried freezing them, but now I will! Great tip! :)

7 Angie @ Losing It and Loving It June 30, 2012 at 9:57 am

My week was great as far as exercise goes. I had been in a funk for a while but I see myself coming out of it YEA!

That workout might be a bit intense for me right now but it looks awesome. What are ins and outs and thrusters?

That last pic of you is awesome!

8 Samantha June 30, 2012 at 10:25 am

Hey Angie and thanks for stopping by! Yes, it was rather intense, but please give it a try! Feel free to modify as necessary with not as many reps, modify each exercise as you need to, only do 4 in the group instead of 5 and/or just do one complete circuit instead of repeating. The key is to push yourself! I bet you can do more than you think you can do! :) To do an in and out: stand with your legs a little wider than your shoulders (in a sumo squat type position) and jump up and to the center bringing your legs and feet together–that’s one rep. Jump back out into your squat, then in again and repeat. Thrusters are overhead dumbbell shoulder presses while in a squat position. Hope that helps!

9 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Great workout! Pinned! My week has been great for workouts. My big workout is tomorrow – 16 miler. Resting today to gear up for it!

10 Samantha June 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Hi Angela! Thanks for stopping by and the pin! Good luck on your run tomorrow! :)

11 Jen June 30, 2012 at 6:21 pm

That’s quite a workout! Thanks for sharing. I pinned and will be using it.

12 Samantha June 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Hey Jen! Thanks for stopping by and the pin! Hope you enjoy the workout!